The New Jersey Staffing Alliance (NJSA) is an industry trade association of direct hire, contract and temporary staffing firms. NJSA represents members professionally engaged in all areas of personnel services including search, recruitment, placement and temporary help services. Members that participate in the NJSA’s programs and resources obtain significant competitive advantages.
Companies that utilize and partner with NJSA member firms recognize that:
- NJSA member firms all adhere to the association’s Code of Ethics
- NJSA member firms contribute to the growth and development of the New Jersey staffing industry and industry partners
- NJSA member firms track New Jersey state legislative developments and court / agency rulings every year
WHAT ADVANTAGES DO STAFFING FIRMS OFFER EMPLOYERS?
Flexibility - The staffing industry offers flexibility to both employees and companies. People can choose when, where, and how they want to work. Companies can get the skills they need to keep fully staffed during busy times.
- 66% of staffing employees say flexible work time is important to them.
- 64% of staffing employees report that their work gives them the scheduling flexibility and the time for family that they desire.
- 90% of client businesses say staffing companies give them flexibility to keep fully staffed during busy times.
Bridge to Permanent Employment - Temporary and contract work provides a bridge to permanent employment. People can try out a prospective employer and showcase their skills for a permanent job.
- 88% of staffing employees say that temporary or contract work made them more employable.
- 77% of staffing employees say it’s a good way to obtain a permanent job.
- 80% of staffing clients say staffing firms offer a good way to find people who can become permanent employees.
Choice of Work Options - Many people choose temporary and contract work as an employment option. They can select their work schedules and choose among a variety of diverse and challenging assignments.
- 67% of staffing employees say choice of assignments was an important factor in their job decision.
- 23% of staffing employees have little or no interest in a permanent job—they prefer the alternative arrangement over traditional employment.
- 33% of staffing employees say they work for a staffing company because they like the diversity and challenge of different jobs.
Training - The staffing industry provides free training for millions of temporary and contract employees to help meet today's demand for skilled workers.
- 90% of staffing companies provide free training to their temporary employees.
- 65% of staffing employees say they developed new or improved work skills through their assignments.
- 40% of staffing employees say they choose temporary or contract work as a way to obtain employment experience or job training.
NJSA Member Directory:
The NJSA hosts its member directory online where companies can search for staffing firms specializing in an industry or located near your business.
Search for an NJSA member firm now.